Located at the foot of the Vaudois Alps, the Bex salt mines receive many visitors each year seeking a unique Swiss experience, ideal for families.
The Bex Salt Mines are a vast labyrinth of galleries, shafts, stairs and halls stretching over more than 50 km. A tour of this fascinating underground world allows visitors to discover the most spectacular and characteristic elements of the various salt extraction techniques used in the Alps since 1684. After a film presentation, the miners’ train takes visitors to the heart of the salty mountain.
On the day of Sainte Barbe, the miners' patron saint, which is celebrated on December 5, a TrekkMines invites visitors to explore this labyrinth.
An exceptional journey to the land of white gold, which allows visitors to understand the important role salt has played as a source of income since Antiquity.
VISIT AND RESERVATION
- As the number of people per visit is limited, booking your visit is recomended
- Audio guides are available in French, German, Italian and English (while stocks last)
- Visit booklets are available in French, German, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Dutch.
- Duration of the visit: approximately two hours
- Special tours for groups of 20 or more can be arranged.
- We recommend sports shoes and warm clothing for the visit.
- The indoor temperature is 18°C at any time of the year. The rooms and galleries are well lit and naturally ventilated.
- Animals are not allowed.
- During the visit, people prone to claustrophobia may be uncomfortable.
- People with reduced mobility, please indicate your special wishes when booking.
- For people with reduced mobility, please indicate this when booking.
- The visit is possible for all ages. For safety reasons, visitors must be able to move around inside the mines without aids such as wheelchairs, walkers or pushchairs.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Bus 119 (Aigle, Ollon, Bex, Le Châtel) : stop "Les Dévens", then 25min walk up, on reservation via the TPC Mobile application or by phone (+41 24 468 05 50).
- Bus 153 (Bex - Le Fenalet) : The Salt Mines are served on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays as well as on the Monday of the Federal Fast from the Bex SBB station, stop "Bex, Mines de Sel". The other days of the week, stop at "Les Dévens", then 25min walk up.
- The Auberge du Bouillet and our souvenir shop with its local products are located in the reception area before the entrance to the Mines.
- Picnic area with tables and benches (shelter for 30 people)
CARTE BIENVENUE AND CARTE FIDELITE
- 20% discount on the entrance fee