Description - Walk | Pont Turrian - Cascade du Ramaclé
This family walk takes you on through the Ramaclé and its treasures! On your way, discover the famous Turrian bridge and a little further on the Ramaclé waterfall.
The starting point for this tour is in the centre of the village of Château-d'Oex, in front of the tourist office.
After following the gravel road in the heart of the forest, you will come across the imposing Turrian Bridge! Built in 1883, this suspension bridge is the oldest in French-speaking Switzerland and one of the last still existing.
Below you, discover the Sarine. It flows from the Saanenland before crossing the Pays-d'Enhaut and ending its course in Fribourg. Fishing enthusiasts are great adepts of its banks.
Continue to follow the way quietly through the various forest. Some birds will be happy to enliven your walk. Enjoy a snack at one of the many picnic spots.
Before returning to the old tarmac road to finish your tour, it is time to refresh your mind or your feet at the Ramaclé waterfall!
- adapted for families. It is possible to do the walk with a pushchair adapted to the gravel.
- It is also possible to do this route by mountain bike. Please take care of the walkers on the way.
- several car parks in the centre of the village are available.
- Accessible by train via the MOB line (stop "Gare de Château-d'Oex).
- Possibility to eat in the various restaurants in the village.
- Several picnic spots are available along the route.