End the year in style by participating in the 34th edition of the New Year's Eve Mountain Bike GP, the oldest mountain bike race on snow!
The oldest bike race on snow is back in Villars-sur-Ollon! Come and finish the year on your mountain bike, on a fun and frosty note!
The New Year's Eve Grand Prix takes place every 31 December and has done so for 34 editions now. The concept of this legendary race is to cycle down the snowy ski slopes from the top of the Roc d'Orsay to the centre of the Villars resort.
You don't have to be the fastest, the most important thing is to have a maximum of fun!
Several categories will be rewarded and prizes will be awarded for the best costumes!
- Registration opens on 1 December 2023
- CHF 5.00 discount for Magic Pass holders (to be presented on the day of the event when collecting the plates and used to get into the gondolas).
- Participants must have a good knowledge of cycling.
- 7.00am - 8.00am : Pick-up of registration plates at the bottom of the Roc D'Orsay cable car
- 7.00am - 8.30am : Ascent of the Roc d'Orsay cable car
- 10.00am : Start of the race at the top of the Roc D'Orsay. Finish in the centre of Villars.
- Venue : Place de la gare, in the centre of the resort of Villars-sur-Ollon
- Schedule : 11.00 am - 4.00 pm concerts, light refreshments and prize-giving ceremony.
- Parking available at the bottom of the Roc D'Orsay cable car.