Discover the rich heritage of our historic city, Payerne.
Positioned near to the town’s main attractions, 16 interpretive panels feature a wealth of information on the town’s eventful history. The tours are offered in three languages: French, German and English.
If you have a smartphone, simply scan the QR code on each panel to listen to an audio commentary, offering more fascinating facts and insights into Payerne ‘s past.
The different positions selected are:
1. Café du Marché 9. Rue des Blanchisseuses and porte de Berne
2. The Abbey Church 10. Deer park
3. Castle courtyard 11. General Jomini statue
4. Bernese castle 12. Barraud Tower, the defensive walls
5. Courthouse 13. Footbridge, the taming of the Broye
6. Parish church 14. Vuary
7. Banneret Fountain 15. Guillermaux bridge and Catholic church
8. Passage du Portail 16. Queen Bertha wine cellar